Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Want A Man (or Woman) With a Slow Hand

"Forget about Sinatra and Coltrane/or some old Righteous Brothers song/hey, even Barry White ain't gonna work tonight/if you really want to turn her on"

Bless you, Brad Paisley, for putting into song lyrics what I have always known. None of that cliched romantic music for me, thank you. Give me not only some 'Old Alabama' but Ronnie Milsap and Conway Twitty. Newer artist Josh Turner, you're on this list too. If you really want to turn me on, give me the music I've known all my life. Those deep-voiced, sultry songs that can become a lovely blur in the background as the fun gets going are my go-to sexy songs.

Nothing makes me shiver like 'Feels So Right' or 'Let's Take the Long Way Around the World'. 'Slow Hand' and 'Let's Make Love' go without saying, am I right? And if I'm feeling more contemporary, Josh Turner's 'No Rush' and Garth Brooks' 'The Red Strokes' or 'Shameless' get me revved and raring to go. I am aware this list contains no ladies thus far. Let me amend that: Dusty Springfield's 'Son of a Preacher Man', Gretchen Wilson's 'I'd Love to Be Your Last', and Heidi Newfield's 'Johnny and June'.

Future suitors, please take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment