Sunday, September 18, 2011

Top 11 Films it Shocks People I Haven't Seen

So I LOVE movies, I really do. But there are some that it still shocks people that I've skipped. Yes, yes, The Godfather is a classic; sorry, I don't like gangster films. All right, White Chicks is the funniest movie ever (to quote my college roommate), sorry, not my kind of humour. I had never seen The Wizard of Oz until last year and missed out on Sound of Music until I was twenty.

So here it is, in no particular order, be prepared to wonder how I can claim a love of cinema having missed this films.

1. The Godfather-all I know about this film, I know because of You've Got Mail.

2. The Godfather Part II-all I know about this film, I know because of Serendipity.

3. Singing In The Rain-collective gasp from all my musical theatre friends...there we go.

4. Knocked-Up, The Hangover, White Chicks, any number of hit 'comedies'-I just don't find these funny (from what little I've caught of them), not my sort of humour, I'm afraid.

5. Saving Private Ryan-Tom Hanks and Matt Damon and yet I still haven't seen it. Really dislike war movies.

6. Fame-don't love the 80s quite enough, I'm afraid

7. Captain America- Love Chris Evans though I do, I heard too many bad things about this.

8. X-Men: First Class- ditto, excepting Love James McAvoy though I do.

9. Footloose- this fact really disturbs some of my theatre friends. I don't know why.

10. Casablanca-what shocks people most is I have no earthly desire to watch this movie.

11. A Christmas Story-because I have literally no desire to. Literally no desire whatsoever. This fact shocked the daylights out of my friend Chelsea and thus I have added it to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment