Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Theory 1A

So I don't know about you, but as I kid, I read a lot. I mean, a lot. I mean, so much so that I read every book of note in my school library by the time I graduated. Seriously, I was reading about dream interpretation and how to do claymation because I'd finished every novel in the joint.

As a kid I also watched a lot of movies and TV. I mean, I played board games and did jigsaws and had tea parties and read the aforementioned lots of books, but also movies and TV were heavily involved in my down time. (This is a theory as to why I became an actress) So, since I was an unpopular child, I had one best friend in the real world (Mary, who is still my best friend to this day) and dozens in make-believe worlds.

I listened to Sara Crewe's stories in her attic chamber, I tended The Secret Garden with Mary Lennox and Dickon, I contributed to The Pickwick Portfolio with the March sisters, I galloped across England on Black Beauty. I crossed a vast library with books for companions to get to the exit, I danced along with Fred and Ginger, I "wanted so much more" just like Belle, I was a part of Ariel's world, I traveled to Africa with Simba and to Arabia with Aladdin and Jasmine.

Add to those the friends I made in music (I was secretly Mandy Moore's sister and was totally going to marry Aaron Carter) and the lessons learned from the country radio station and you have my background pretty well mapped out. So, you're wondering, what the heck does this have to do with anything. Well, I just wanted to give you a brief overview before I start posting about how (Almost) Everything I Know In Life I Learned From Labyrinth or Adventures in Cooking Like Samantha from American Girls, so you'll be fully aware of what sort of things to expect from this blog.

We all ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment